Tuesday, December 16, 2008

crab cake pursuits

I have long held the opinion that Clyde's serves the best crabcake in the District, though I don't doubt there are some I have not tried. I came across this RECIPE today and think it might just have to be attempted. I'm not sure my kitchen can handle this level of deliciousness.

CLYDE'S CRAB CAKES RECIPE
(Serves 2)
It is important to pick over them crab meat gently to remove excess shell and cartilage. This is one of our most requested recipes.

1 lb. jumbo lump crab meat
1/3 cup mayonnaise
1 tblsp water
2 tsp Old Bay seasoning
1 tblsp Dijon mustard
1 tblsp chopped parsley
4 saltine crackers

1. Pick the crab meat over to remove excess shells and cartilage.
2. Combine the mayo, Old Bay, parsley, mustard and water until smooth.
3. Add the mayo mixture to the crab meat and mix, being careful not to break up the lumps of crab meat.
4. With your hands, break up the saltines into crumbs and mix into the crab mixture.
5. Form into four patties and pan-fry, or broil the cakes until golden brown.

http://www.clydes.com/main/Food_and_Wine.cfm?Section=Main

No comments:

Post a Comment