Thursday, December 18, 2008

soundtrack discoveries

I have long been a known fan of such gloriously audio-flavored soundtracks as Juno and Rushmore. I am always hesistant to endorse entire soundtracks, but both of those have my vote.

I don't know that I'm ready to endorse this one, but watching Dan in Real Life the other day on Netflix introduced me to a quirky pop singer I had not heard of - Sondre Lerche. (the movie was actually surprisingly not terrible - Steve Carell definitely has talents outside of obvious comedic roles)

I've spent a lot of the past few nights listening to the audio available on his website, but I've pulled out a few songs here from YouTube for your audio pleasure. Another one to check out is "Everyone is Rooting for You." (disclaimer: all songs detailed here only appropriate for those in a no-fuss quirky pop-listening mood)

Sondre Lerche #1 - My Hands Are Shaking



Sondre Lerche #2 - Dan in Real Life - Wedding Scene
(duet with Regina Spektor - of whom I've been a fan since Weeds - at the end of the film - the song that got my attention and made me look him up. SPOILER ALERT - do not watch this video if you would rather not see the ending.)

No comments:

Post a Comment